Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Holiday

I went to the city today to get the tix for the Russell Peters show tomorrow night. Since I was @ the Box Office, I got my P!nk tix too. Yes.. Finally managed to snag tix to see Pink Live in Concert. Hehe.. Anyway, I head down to Melbourne Central to watch a movie and buy some books in Borders. After contemplating on alot of good books, I decided to buy just three. Hehe. Yeah, I know.. 3 is quite alot actually. Hmm.. But it only cost about $12 a book, so why not?!

Anywho, after msg-ing Ain in Singapore on which movie i should watch, I finally decided on The Holiday, starring Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law & Jack Black. I wasnt really sure if it was going to be a good movie. I wanted something worth my FREE movie ticket that I got for modelling for the IT faculty. Hehe.

Though seriously, the Holiday is a pretty good movie. It was my first time to go to a cinema alone and watch it without having any company. I thought i was going to be the only loner there but hey, guess what?! I wasnt!! So im not a loser after all!! Hahaha. The Holiday is a movie about 2 strangers who switched their homes, cars, lives, everything for 2 whole weeks. The only thing that they have in common is that they have both recently broke up with their boyfriends are in a pretty bad shape. They are miserable and depressed and just wanted a different scenery. Hence, the SWITCH. Cameron Diaz is always oh-so-gorgeous for someone who is already in her 30s. Jude Law just melts your heart when he falls in LOVE with Cameron Diaz's charater. You can just melt in your seat.. SERIOUSLY!! Jack Black is hilarious, as always. Though he did show his serious side abit in this one. Kate Winslet is of course, a great actress! One thing that got my heart pumping so quickly was to see my MOUSE, yes my MOUSE.. You know the one where all you guys hate using. But because you still want to use my laptop/computer you have to succumb to using my mouse. Yes.. it was in the movies!! It was sooooo cool. I nearly screamed my head off!! Haha..

So yeah, go watch The Holiday. It's a movie for those of you who believe love doesnt exist anymore. And for those who have never made a decision for yourself and especially those who always choose to make the "correct" decisions in life...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!~

No comments: