Monday, April 12, 2010

The Not-so-good wife...

I was watching an episode of the TV series, "The Good Wife" last night and was kinda appalled at one of the bits that they had. Keep in mind that this was my second time "watching" the TV series. "Watching" means as I skim through the TV for something good to watch.

One of the characters, which is a girl, was informing her friend, a boy whose parents were possibly going through a divorce. She said, "You know, if you somewhere down the line, you find that your parents' divorce is getting to you and you want their attention, or get anything that you want, just put this CD on and let them give you everything that you ever dream of..."

This is where she goes on and changed the CD in the CD player. I had a feeling that it was probably some Daft punk song about "killing yourself". The next minute, I realised that it was actually the Azan call for prayer. Yup.. you've read it right. As soon as it went.. "Allah hu akhbar, Allah hu akhbar," my jaw dropped. Literally.

I guess we've come to an age where they (the non-Muslims) have started to make fun of Islam. I dont think its acceptable but then again, I have to face the facts that God has written this. He has foreseen such humiliation Muslims would have to go through.. Unfortunately, the end of the world is nearer.. Insyaallah, God will help us all..

No comments: