Thursday, April 29, 2010

Isnt life in Singapore & Melbourne the same??!

A friend of mine from Singapore came to Melbourne for a visit.. AND she brought 2 of her siblings along with her...

It was a nice week having them around. The squabbles on who gets to shower first and who gets to do the laundry.. It amazes me.. So this is what its like to have sisters..??? Well maybe, for a short period of time I could tolerate it.. Thank god it wasnt for a whole month!

Time spent with them made me think twice about my life in Melbourne. Not that Im not loving it.. I am!! Showing them around the some of the great sites around Victoria and how I live.. where I work.. what I do with my spare time.. etc.. I find it abit funny sharing that.. I mean.. isnt life here and in Singapore almost the same? You're just trying to... survive??

Like for instance, save money for the future.. a house maybe? a car.. which I, alhamdulillah, already have.. or perhaps afford to travel all over the world?? What else is there as a single gal.. Either in Singapore or Melbourne?? No, stop laughing.. Seriously?? All we can do is to pray to God that we are healthy, able to work, able to support the family, to support ourselves and that life is good for everyone.. Amin..

Yup.. Im thankful for my life here in Melbourne.. I know for sure that I wouldnt be able to have what I have here back in Singapore.. Who would wanna hire me? Let alone give me a promotion.. OR let me be in a managerial position.. OR pay for a proper 9-5 job.. OR.. not really sure what else is there to compare to.. Im thankful.. AMIN.. Thank you, Ya Allah!~

No comments: