Saturday, April 03, 2010

My 2 cents worth...

When God designed humans, he first designed a man and a woman. And then... reproduction occurred. I am sure he knew that some time in the future that not everyone would be so lucky as Adam and Eve to have found each other in the world. Especially when he decided to create more women than men.

I guess Im at the age in my life where my girlfriends around me are either single and not getting married anytime soon or are married and are currently pregnant. Well basically, the talk is about partners, marriage and babies. What a nice position to be in, aint it? So what do I do now that Ive decided waiting for 'the ONE' is pretty useless. What do my friends do? Well, some of my friends have been in this "situation" before me.. So NOW i know what they have gone through..

God has allowed us to use modern technology, such as IVF, should we, as husband and wife, not able to conceive. However, before jumping to IVF, there is now readily available vitamins and minerals that you can choose to purchase at pharmacists. I know some friends who have found it difficult to conceive, have tried these methods before IVF. And thankfully, they are happy and pregnant now. Well some, have their beautiful bundle of joys.

I guess my question for today is, what about us, single girls who perhaps due to God's plans that we arent married yet. My friends who are above 23 have this longing for a baby. And Im not sure why.. Though it seems pretty common. God says we cant have our own baby unless we have a husband? Why can't we do IVF? Someone, please explain it to me. Adoption is always an option but its never easy to "pick" the right baby/child to adopt. And the other question would be "Would the government or organisation let me have the baby/child?"

Due to my culture and religion, I have to follow the "appropriate" steps. First the husband, then the kid. Oh man.. Dont get me started. Can I just start having the kid already?? Also, I wonder why God made woman start thinking of babies and marriage. Cant such thinking just stop and let us think about careers and other things, rather than planting this maternal agenda?

I guess God works in mysterious ways... *sobs*

No comments: