Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Rock Climbing in Melbourne... & Happy 21st Birthday Mel!!

5th December 2006. Marked that date down. It was a special day for me. Finally, I went rock climbing in Australia. In Victoria. In Melbourne. Isn't it cool?! I have been excited since the day Melissa agreed to try rock climbing. That means I have a rock climbing buddy. Asked Sani if he wanted to come. He did. So we went. 5th December 2006. I can only hope that these 2 peeps would enjoy rock climbing as much as I did and would want to do it over and over and over again.

The closest rock climbing centre was at the corner of Springvale Road & Maroondah Hwy. It was indoors. It's alright. Climbing is still climbing. Hehe. We got there about 5.30pm due to the traffic jam. I forgot that it was peak period time. We should have left earlier. Anyway, I rented a harness, chalk bag and of course there was an entrance fee. It was totally awesome. I cant help but grin the rest of the day. It took me awhile to get the hang of it but within seconds I remembered the times I spent climbing in SP with ma friends. Oh how i miss them so much now.

It took me awhile to remember how to wear the harness. Then my rock climbing shoes. They were pretty tight.. Hmm.. New ones? Maybe? Wanna get a harness first though. Then, have to tie figure of 8 and do the double knot. And the 5-step belay technique. It's easy. I remember them all. Eventually. Hehe. I love rock climbing. And so did Sani & Mel. Im going to train my arm muscles again. The next time, Im going to be able to reach the highest peak. Insyaallah.

Next time. February 2007. Anyone wanna join us?!

Btw, Happy 21st Birthday Melissa Chow!! Hope you enjoyed the Rock Climbing experience!!~ Lova ya loads!!~ *HUGS*

No comments: