Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My First 24 Hours in Singapore

Somehow I still cant quite believe how fast time went by. Now Im in Singapore.. For the next 6 weeks. The flight from Melbourne to Singapore was pretty awful. I had to take Emirates because they were the only airline, other than Austrian, that still had "plenty" of seats left.

I was anticipating that Emirates would be as awful as it was from my past experiences. But i have to admit that past experience could be due to the fact that I was travelling on staff ticket. So this was kinda my first time to buy an Emirates ticket, in hopes that it would be better if i was a fully paid customer. And boy was I wrong!!~ Everything about it was as bad as my previous experiences. No surprises!! I guess when you know deep down that that one airline pretty much sucks.. You just gotta stick to your gut feeling! Remember my friends.. Emirates sucks!~

I landed about 1am Singapore time. I slept most of the time in the air because the entertainment was damn bloody boring & there wasnt enough space for me to open my laptop. Geesh.. Stupid Emirates!! So anyway, my mommy and daddy were there to welcome me.. But of course kan?! Hehe.. And my dearest cousin, Siti (CT) was also there. Hehe. First stop was Simpang Bedok. Of course, that is the tradition. You have got to eat the late night snack @ Simpang Bedok. In this case, it was more of a meal for me. Since I barely ate anything on board because the food was horrible!! HORRIBLE i tell you.. I couldnt quite decide what to choose from the menu. Siti and I were so excited that the drinks costs about $1.80 each. I usually paid $3AUD for a teh tarek back in Melbourne... Ahh.. How I miss the cheaper cost of life!!

I had a dentist appointment at 8.45am. Wow.. To the dentist first thing in the morning!! Even Im surprised i could wake up that early!! Went to Vivo City after that. Vivo City is the newest shopping centre in Singapore. It's right beside Sentosa and apparently it's the place to be these days. I have to admit.. It is pretty big in Singapore standards.. But then, it doesnt beat Chaddie!! Hehe.. Missing Chaddie already!~ DAMN!!

On other news, I heard that Universal Studios have decided to open in Sentosa instead of our nearby friendly country, Malaysia. More specifically, the state of Johore. I thought for sure Universal Studios would want somewhere with a huge space and cheap land. Somehow, I believe that the Singapore Government made a deal with them. Which of course, i have yet to find out.. Time for investigating.. If i have the time that is.. Hehe..

So guys, Im back in Singapore till 31st January 2007. Am I excited? Yes!! Am I bored already?! YES!! Cant wait to get a game console.. Still figuring out if i should get PS2 or Wii... Help!! Anyone?!

No comments: