Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Start of Planning a Wedding

The title of my entry sounds promising but unfortunately, im not planning MY wedding, not yet anyway..

One of my closest friends is getting married and will have the whole traditional Malay wedding in Singapore. I think about 2000 guests will be invited. Ramai giler ah... First grandchild and daughter to get married.. Apa nak buat kan??!

Anyway, the best part of it all is she has decided to also do a small wedding reception here, prob about 50 people, in Melbourne for all her Australian and Melbournian friends who aren't able to head to Singapore for her November wedding. Being the good friend that I am, I have started to help her plan her wedding reception in Melbourne. It's been a fun and exciting 2 weeks, helping her planning it. We are still in the process as final decisions have not been made.

I can only hope that this wont be the last wedding i plan in Melbourne. Insyaallah, I get to plan my own.. too!! Who knows, maybe next year.. Insyaallah.. It's all in God's hands..

I'll put up some pictures soon of some of the more interesting wedding venues.

No comments: