Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Obama VS Clinton

I asked Rauds the other day about who she supports, Obama or Clinton and why?

If I had to vote, I wouldnt know who to vote for. We have an African-American who is considered as the minority in the States. I feel for him because I know how it feels like being a Malay in Singapore. Though Im NOT talking about presidency in Singapore.. Im talking about being Prime Minister in Singapore.. NOT ME!! As in a Malay PM.. Wonder when that will ever happen?! Wonder if it is even safe for me to say this..

On the other hand, we have a lady, which we never ever had in the whole USA history. Though her husband was the former president.. Some people question who will actually be leading the country should she win.. HELLOOOoOoo.. Woman can become presidents too, ya know?! And probably a great president too!! But now that she lost to Obama, I still think she should be VP. I would have taken the role if I was her. But then again, maybe there are political reasons to whatever decision she makes later on... Who know??! Right??

Nonetheless, there will be history in the making if either democrat wins. Which I am hoping & assuming that a Democrat would win over the Republic.

Why the interest in US Presidency? Because whoever wins, will be the voice of the USA. The voice that lets the rest of the world know.. "Yeah, we care! We hate wars of any kind & we want to help people all around the world, but first our own!!" Or at least.. That is what I hope they would say...

My political interest has slightly decrease these past few years.. Maybe cause having to deal with it within my own organisations makes me too depressed to even think about it. I just wanna make the world a better place... Which it took me awhile to realise.. People always questions your intentions even though you are a good person.. Then again, I guess its better not to be politically involved, especially in Singapore since you get fines, arrested and all.. Besides, you can help make the world a better place without being part of any political party.. Right?! At least I hope to think so...

Best of luck to Obama, Clinton & the Democrats in the US! A Singaporean girl, living in Melbourne Australia supports you!!~

To find out more about the Obama campaign click here!

No comments: